Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Going to the Erlang Conference

I'm not exactly enjoying what one would call a "positive" cash flow these days, but I decided to dig into my hard earned budget anyway and spend a chunk of it on a trip to Sweden for the 12th annual Erlang conference.

Here's my dilemma: I want to take this opportunity to make a 2 week backpacking trip in Europe. I want to see Sweden, but I'm afraid it will be too cold to enjoy in the winter. I can either stay in Sweden after the conference, or hop on a plane to France or Spain (I *really* want to visit Barcelona).

I'd appreciate it if anyone could give me some tips on what I should do.

To save money, and also to stay true to the spirit of backpacking, I'll be staying in hostels, which means I probably won't bring my MacBook. I hope that spending 2 weeks without a computer won't result in serious withdrawal symptoms.

No comments: